Guide To Finding The Best Baby Jumper 2017
Only one word can describe the feeling you’ll have when you hear your baby’s laughter as she jumps up and down in her new baby jumper that you just bought for her. Amazing is the word. Just like portable high chairs, baby jumpers are some of the baby essentials that will also make your life easier as a mum because it will help to keep your baby occupied for a set amount of time.
With so many options of baby jumpers available on the market, how will you choose the right one for your baby? Read on so that you can learn everything that will help you to choose the best baby jumper.
The Different Types Of Baby Jumpers
1. Stationary jumpers
A stationary jumper consists of a seat, an elastic cord and a frame. Because they cannot move, the only entertainment that they will offer your baby is bouncing, nothing more.
2. Activity jumpers
They are similar to stationary jumpers but consist of a variety of toys as a bonus. They have an advantage over stationary jumpers in that apart from bouncing; these toys will also entertain your baby. Your baby won’t get bored easily since when she is tired of bouncing, she will have the toys to play with.
3. Doorway jumpers
They consist of straps that attach to a bungee-like cable that is used to suspend the jumper seats. The other end of the cable has a clamp that is used to attach the jumper on the door frame. Just like their name, they can only be used on door frames.
What To Look For In A Baby Jumper
When shopping for a baby jumper, you need to choose the best since your baby deserves the best. Here are the different features that you need to take into consideration to get the best baby jumper.
- Weight limit : The weight limit of baby jumpers varies from model to model. However, you should use a baby jumper whose weight suits that of your baby. If you don’t adhere to weight limits, you may buy a baby jumper that will break due to your baby’s weight hence injuring your baby.
- Suspender: Whatever the model of the baby jumper you choose to go for, ensure that the seats are suspended by two or more straps. This will ensure that your baby is kept in place while she bounces up and down. Avoid jumpers whose seats are suspended by a single strap since this will see the jumper swing left to right when your baby bounces and this can result in injuries.
- Adjustability: Most baby jumpers come with features that allow for their heights to be adjusted. The good thing with jumpers with adjustable heights is that your baby will grow with them.
- Storage: Since your baby will not be using the jumper all the time, sometimes you will need to store it. You should, therefore, go for a jumper whose parts can be disassembled into smaller pieces making it easy to store.
- Toys: Activity jumpers have a number of toys that will keep your baby entertained as she is jumping up and down. Some toys have electronic sounds and flashing lights. Choosing a jumper with toys will ensure that your baby does not lose interest in her new gear easily.
Benefits Of A Baby Jumper
A baby jumper is more than just a toy since it has several developmental attributes that your baby will benefit from. They include:
Muscle tone and strength
It seems obvious that baby jumpers will boost the development of your baby’s hip and muscle strength. However, you should let your baby use the jumpers in moderation so that too much stress isn’t put on certain muscles due to excessive use.
Improves pre-walking skills
Although baby jumpers are not really a walking tool, they will help your baby to learn how to use her lower half to stand up hence improving your baby’s pre-motor skills. Your baby will also polish her dancing skills.
Promotes comfort and safety
Jumpers will comfort your baby and keep them occupied giving you time to take care of tasks around your home. They can also be an alternative to baby walkers since they are much safer. This is because your baby will not be at risks of falling down from stairs since jumpers are stationary as compared to walkers.
Safety measures to take when your baby is using a jumper
Although baby jumpers are considered safer than other baby gears like walkers, there are still points that you should adhere to so that you can maximise your baby’s safety when she is using a jumper. They include:
- Ensure that the floor is kept clear of any sharp objects that can harm your baby when she jumps on them.
- Avoid using a jumper near hazardous areas like the top of the stairs or by the swimming pool.
- Ensure that the toys in the jumper don’t have long strings that can pose strangulation threats to your baby.
- Your baby should never be left unattended to in the room when she is jumping.
- The baby jumper should be placed on a flat and level surface.
- When you are moving the jumper around, don’t do it while your baby is still in it.
Here are the best baby jumpers that made it to our top 5 list of jumpers that you should consider buying for your baby.
The 5 Best Baby Jumper
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
There are so many sights and activities for your baby to discover on this baby jumper which includes music, lights and exciting sounds. This jumper will also appeal to your baby due to its bright colours. Your baby will also be rewarded with every jump since everywhere that she will look, she will find something fun to do, from playing with the toys to laughing at the exciting sounds.
- Soft spring covers to keep little fingers safe.
- Fold for storage hence good to be used on the go.
- Busy activities that include peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, spinner drum and more.
- Sturdy, free-standing steel frame.
- Rainforest music and lights.
- Can be easily adjusted to three different heights hence will enable your baby to grow with it.
- The soft and comfy seat pads are machine-washable and dryer safe.
- The study and free standing still frame will allow your baby to jump safely.
- The seat can spin for 360° giving your baby the opportunity to discover the toys all around her.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- It promotes comfort and security as your baby can sit and play without anything harming her.
- It stimulates interactive play since everything that your baby will need to play will be available.
- Encourages healthy developments since when your baby moves and jumps, she will be developing her motor skills.
- Doesn’t fit through a standard doorway, so you will have to disassemble to move it into different rooms.
- They take up quite a bit of space.
2. Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn Sweet Tea, Party
You can give your little one the opportunity to treat herself to her very first tea party while at the same time exercising her leg muscles. This will prepare her to be ready to make her first steps. It also comes with a variety of age-appropriate toys to help your baby to develop her grabbing and playing skills.
- 3 position height adjustments.
- Machine-washable seat pads that are removable.
- Interactive toys that have stimulating visuals and sounds.
- 360° spinning seat.
- If you buy it, you buy for your baby a secure learn and play environment.
- By jumping, your baby will be doing physical exercises that will help her develop her neck, back and leg muscles.
- Offers your baby an additional play value with the added toy bar.
- Cleaning is made easy with the removable seat pads that are machine washable.
- Improves a baby’s object exploration capabilities and hand-eye coordination.
- It is a safe alternative to walkers.
- They are very age appropriate.
- Are very portable due to their light weight, this will make it easy to move it from room to room.
- They don’t have “no-frills attached” products hence perfect for you if you are budget conscious.
- They are slightly biased towards baby girls due to their girl themes.
- The toys are not battery operated.
3. Baby Einstein Musical Motion
This award winning stationary jumper and entertainer will delight your baby as he jumps. It is designed to grow with your baby making your baby to enjoy this baby jumper to the maximum throughout his babyhood and toddlerhood. It also comes with mirrors and dancing lights so that your baby can dance to the 6 classical melodies from the electric piano in style.
- Secure support seat.
- 360° rotating seat.
- 2 in 1 stationary jumper and entertainer with 12 activities that will grow with your baby.
- Four activity stations that will surround your baby.
- Electric piano that produces 6 melodies.
- The secure support seat with high back makes this baby jumper suitable for use even by babies that are just beginning to sit up.
- The 360° rotation of seats gives your baby full access to different activity stations. This will also encourage movements.
- Cleaning up is super easy due to the removable and machine washable seat pad.
- Baby Einstein Musical Motion baby jumper has a toy tray that comes with extra loops where you can attach more of your baby’s favourite toys.
- It has a 5 point adjustment on the seat that will allow it to grow with your baby.
- It's toy bars are padded, and it also has covered springs to provide additional safety to the baby.
- It can be quickly folded making it very easy to store and to move around with.
- The springs are not very flexible.
- The sun toy attachments should be handled very well because they can injure your baby.
4. Sassy Inspires The Senses
You can let your baby’s imagination run wild as she is having fun with this beautifully designed baby jumper. The world of baby jumpers is a crowded one. However, the Sassy Inspires the Senses stands out from the crowd because it is more than a baby jumper, it is a baby activity centre.
- 3 position height adjustments.
- Stable feet to ensure that the baby does not fall while jumping and playing.
- 360° rotating seat.
- Innovative pod system.
- Four removable toys.
- Ladybug play station.
- The 360° rotating seat will allow your baby to discover and explore all the toys at her disposal.
- Has a high seat back to provide extra support for younger babies.
- It is super easy to clean the seat pads since they are machine-washable and are removable.
- Has removable toys that can be used even on the go.
- The sassy POD Toy attachment system will allow you to expand the play by easily swapping your little one’s toys from one sassy product to another.
- It is very easy to assemble.
- Very portable and easy to store.
- The ladybug play station will inspire your baby’s vision and touch.
- The toys are spread too far apart.
- The seat is kind of hard to swivel at first.
5. Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper, Little Jungle
This is my favourite baby jumper of all times, and I bet that you will also find it lovable. It features a sturdy clamp that is attached to the doorway, an all-around bumper that prevents any markings from being left on your doorway and two soft toys that are attached to the adjustable play rings. What more can a mother ask for if not to see your little one jump in excitement?
- Adjustable spring loaded clamp that is used to attach it to the door frame.
- A soft, all-around bumper on the clamps.
- A sturdy bounce spring.
- A play tray with two soft toys.
- An adjustable height design.
- Removable and machine washable seat pad.
- Non-twist straps.
- The washable seat pad makes it super easy to keep your baby’s play space tidy.
- The doorway has special non-twist straps so that the straps are kept apart so that it will be easier to get your baby in or out of the jumper.
- Since safety is one of the number one priorities when it comes to babies, the jumper was designed with a sturdy spring that has a hidden safety cord to give you a peace of mind knowing that there will not be any accidents as your baby jumps.
- Connecting to your door frame is very simple.
- The adjustable height ensures that your baby will still be able to use the jumper as she grows.
- The toy tray allows your baby to play with her toys while bouncing at the same time.
- It also has some cute little jungle patterns that your baby will love.
- You need to check for slippage just to be sure that it cannot slip and fall as a result of your baby’s weight.
Wrapping it up
If your baby is just learning how to sit up, then this is the best time that you can introduce him or her to a baby jumper. You will love the sight of watching your little one jump for joy. I would recommend that you go for the Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper, Little Jungle since it is the best. It is very simple to handle and is also pocket-friendly.
However, you should remember the safety measures you need to take when using a baby jumper with your baby. You should also remember that most baby jumpers are not safe to be used by baby’s who are not yet able to hold their heads up without being assisted.