The 5 Best Baby Washcloths: Tips On How You Can Give Your Baby A Nice Bath
Having a baby is usually a wonderful thing in a woman’s life. You finally get to meet this little person that was growing inside you. Since babies don’t come with a manual on how to take care of them, some mothers may find it a little bit overwhelming in taking care of this fragile and tiny creature that is your lovely baby.
You may wonder how to properly bathe your baby especially if you are doing it for the first time without hurting her delicate skin, but with the best baby washcloths, bath time will be an enjoyable experience for you and your baby.
Since you are going to be bathing your baby a lot, using the best baby washcloth will help to keep your baby’s skin soft and supple. With these best baby washcloths, bath time will be more than just a requirement.
They come in a variety of styles, materials, colours and even fragrances that will enable you to wash your baby with love and care that she deserves. These baby washcloths are made with your baby’s sensitive, delicate and soft skin in mind.
Last update on 2017-10-18 at 15:58 PST - Details
Baby Washcloths Buyers Guide
As far as baby washcloths are concerned, there are two types, the nice ones which are suitable for bathing your baby and the crappy ones that are only good for her butt. Our baby washcloths buying guide will help you navigate through all baby washcloths available by helping you shop like an expert to choose the best for your baby.
Things to look for when buying your baby some washcloths:
The fabric of the washcloth is important given that you don’t want anything that will be uncomfortable to your baby’s smooth skin. Most baby washcloths are made of cotton while others are made of organic bamboo.
Cotton washcloths are usually made from either Egyptian cotton or Turkish cotton. Egyptian cotton washcloths are one of the most popular types of baby washcloths. This is because they are very soft and durable due to the long fibres of Egyptian cotton, and this makes them be able to withstand numerous wash cycles. Turkish cotton is also very soft and has a bit of sheen which makes them look very attractive.
Bamboo washcloths are recommended for babies who have very sensitive skins because they are hypoallergenic. Bamboo is also a renewable resource hence they are considered to be eco-friendly. They also get softer after each wash and are also anti-bacterial.
The sizing of baby washcloths varies widely. The best sizing should be 10” by 10” so that clean-ups and bath times are easier since you will have more to hold onto. The right size will also ensure that your fingers don’t end up on any messes.
As a mother, you should always verify that anything you buy for your baby is machine washable. The good thing is that all the baby washcloths are machine washable. Ensure that you use specially formulated baby detergents because some babies might be allergic and sensitive to some chemicals in most detergents.
Babies can sometimes get messy hence if you have few washcloths; you will have to do laundry almost more frequently that you would wish to. To ensure that you don’t run out of clean washcloths because your little bundle has just sent the six she had to the laundry room, you should buy enough pieces for her, maybe 12 would do.
Top 5 Baby Washcloths Comparison Chart
Let’s now take a look at some of the best baby washcloths:
Last update on 2017-10-18 at 15:58 PST - Details
1. 12 Washcloths in Bag with Bonus Toy by Luvable Friends
This baby washcloth is perfect if you want to clean up on a regular basis. They are made of vibrant colours that will appeal to your baby and come in two different styles that you can choose from.
Top Three Features
- 12 counts of washcloths.
- Available in 2 colour choices; blue and pink.
- Made of cotton.
- The washcloths are machine washable.
- They are incredibly softer hence ideal for a baby’s skin.
- Since they are made of cotton, they are very absorbent hence suitable for even the toughest spills.
- They come with a bonus soft bath toy for a fun-filled bath time.
- They are nicely packaged in reusable bags and can be given out as gifts for baby showers.
- They are a bit smaller in size as they measure 9’’ by 9’’.
- They are a bit thinner as compared to other brands.
2. Le Petit Bamboo Baby Washcloth
Since it is an organic bamboo washcloth, it is very suitable for the baby due to its softness and its hypoallergenic properties.
Top Three Features
- 100% bamboo fibres.
- Very soft and luxurious.
- Reusable and eco-friendly.
- Perfect for babies with sensitive skin or those who suffer from eczema.
- Are reusable.
- They absorb more quickly than cotton washcloths.
- Are super durable hence can even be used by adults. They also don’t lose their shapes even after several trips to the washing machine.
- Are large in size which makes it convenient for washing the baby and cleaning surfaces. They measure 10” by 10”.
- They have the perfect thickness that makes them ideal for multi-use.
- Are packaged in a beautifully designed box that makes it presentable as gifts for baby showers.
- They come in bright colour choices that will appeal to your baby.
- One package only contains six counts.
3. The Motherhood collection 6 Ultra Soft Baby Bath Washcloths
It is considered one of the best baby washcloths that you should use if you want to keep your baby’s face and body clean without having to worry even for a second that you might hurt your baby’s delicate skin.
Top Three Features
- It’s all natural and free from harmful chemicals.
- Is Ultra-soft.
- Made from 100% all natural bamboo.
- They are completely hypoallergenic since they are made with your baby’s health and wellbeing as a top priority.
- Are safer and very absorbent than most washcloths.
- They are super easy to wash.
- Are thick enough to soap your baby up.
- They can make the perfect gift since they are beautifully packed.
- They get even softer with every wash.
- They come in sizes of 10” by 10” hence they are large enough for multi-use.
- One package only contains 6 pieces, unlike others which contain more.
4. Baby Bee Loved Baby Washcloth
This extra-large 12” by 12” washcloth makes washing your baby and cleaning up spills much easier since you will have more to hold onto.
Top Three Features
- Is hypoallergenic.
- Very absorbent hence suitable for cleaning spills.
- 100% Bamboo.
- Are unbelievably soft hence making bath times an enjoyable experience for your baby.
- Since it is made of a hypoallergenic material, it will not cause any irritation or rash on your baby’s skin.
- Are 100% machine washable.
- If you buy one pack, you get a free 12” by 12” microfiber cleaning cloth that you can use to clean all your electronic devices.
- They are beautifully packaged.
- They still remain soft and intact even after multiple washes.
- A care tag is sewn into a seam on each washcloth.
5. Baby Bamby Baby Washcloths
Are you worried that your baby may not be experiencing complete comfort during bath time? You are right to be concerned since traditional washcloths could be irritating your baby’s smooth skin. Baby Bamby washcloths are one of the best in the market that will make your baby look forward to bath time.
Top Three Features
- Made from 100% eco-friendly bamboo.
- Is hypoallergenic and biodegradable.
- Has a larger set of 8 pieces per package.
- The bigger pack size means that you get more value for your money.
- They are suitable for multi-use hence can be used for bathing the baby and for cleaning spills and messes during meal times.
- Are a perfect baby shower gift due to their beautiful packaging and beautiful colours.
- Are very soft and more absorbent.
- You need to be careful while untying the ribbons so that you don’t pull some of the fibres out with your finger nails.
Bamboo baby washcloths are the best since they are softer and are less likely to cause any irritation to a baby’s skin. They are thus preferred over cotton-made washcloths. If you would like to buy one for your baby or yourself, I would recommend that you buy Baby Bee Loved Baby washcloth so that you can get the free 12” by 12” microfiber cleaning cloth.
What’s The Best Way You Can Give Your Baby A Bath?
You may have the best baby washcloth in your possession, but you still don’t know the best way you can use it to give your baby a nice bath. We all agree that bathing a baby at first usually seems like a huge undertaking but with time, it gets easier, and it soon becomes a routine that you would have gotten down to a fine art.
Before you start bathing your baby, ensure that you have everything you need with you. They may include:
- Warm water in a bowl. You can use your elbow rather than your hand to determine whether the temperature of the bath water is good for the baby. You can also use a bath thermometer.
- A mild liquid baby cleanser.
- A hooded towel that is clean and dry.
- A baby washcloth.
- Clean nappy and clothes.
- A warm blanket.
You can start by washing your baby’s face. Remember that you don’t have to use the cleanser on your baby’s face, just water and the washcloth is enough since your baby doesn’t know that she should close her eyes to prevent soap from getting into contact with the eyes. You can then follow these steps to continue bathing your baby.
- If your baby is six months old and below, you should ensure that you don’t fill the bath with more than 6 inches of water. If your baby is older and is able to sit, the water should be below the waistline while she or he is in a sitting position.
- Bring your baby to the bath area and undress her. If she has poo in her nappy, you should clean her bottom and genital area before you put her in the bath water.
- While using one arm to support your baby’s neck and head, you can slowly put her into the bath water.
- Ensure that you have a good grip on her since she may become slippery when her body becomes wet. You can then use your other hand to wash him.
- Put the mild cleanser on the baby’s washcloth and then use it to wash the baby from top to bottom and back to front.
- After that, you should make sure that you wash all the soap from her body before you lift her from the water and wrap her up with the hooded towel from top to toe.
- You can then dress her in clean clothes and wrap her in a warm blanket and put her to sleep in case she is sleepy.
Here is a video on how you can bathe your baby.
When Can I Bathe My New-born?
This is a question that is always asked by soon to be first-moms or mothers who have just given birth. Due to the delicate nature of a new-born, most mothers may wonder when it will be safe to bathe their new-born. The answer is that as long as your baby was born full-term and healthy, you can bathe her for the first time as soon as you may feel ready.
The earliest you should give her a bath is an hour or two after birth. However, you should keep her first bath very short, not more than ten minutes.
For the first few weeks, you don’t have to bath your baby every day since three or four times a week is enough to keep her clean. However, if you feel like you need to bathe her every day, feel free to do so, as long as it is in warm water.
However, if you still feel that your baby is too delicate and you don’t want to put her in water, you may find it easier to keep her clean through top and tail. Topping involves wiping your baby’s face, neck, hands and legs. You can use a damp washcloth. Tailing involves cleaning your baby’s bottoms and genital area thoroughly. You can use baby wipes or damp washcloths to do this perfectly.
Wrapping It Up
Altogether, baby washcloths play a very important role in your baby’s life, and that is why they are considered a must have for mothers. There are a lot of baby washcloths brands out there, and it’s therefore up to you as a mother to choose the best for your baby.
Remember, your baby’s skin is very delicate and may also be sensitive to materials and dyes used on most of the washcloths. Bamboo made washcloths are considered the best due to their extra softness, their hypoallergenic and antibacterial properties. If you are a mother to be, now is the best time to buy some for your baby so that when she finally arrives, she finds you prepared for her.