Guide To Buying The Best Body Pillow 2017
Did you know that on average, a normal person spends a third of their life sleeping? Having a high-quality pillow that will make you comfortable will make every night to be a night of good sleep. Body pillows are ideal for people who like to sleep on their sides or on their backs and will protect you from back, neck and pregnancy pains. This is why a body pillow is a pregnant woman’s best friend.
As your tummy continues to expand when you are pregnant, it will bring with it a new set of challenges as you will find it hard to sleep comfortably. It is for this reason that body pillows were made. However, there is no need to rush to buy any body pillow you come across. You need to find the best body pillow so that you can have a super comfortable sleep while you are pregnant.
Last update on 2017-10-19 at 11:39 PST - Details
Why Are Body Pillows Useful?
Just like baby washcloths, body pillows are very important. As the name suggests, body pillows run through the length of a person’s body. This makes them very popular and useful to users such as pregnant women whose sleeping positions are restricted to sleeping on the sides or the back.
They are also suitable for any other person who wants to achieve comfort and support of the whole body while they are sleeping. A body pillow will, therefore, be a great investment for you because:
They Offer Proper Support To The Body
Most people spend restless hours trying to adjust their pillows in order to have a comfortable sleep. If you have also done that, then a body pillow is all you need. A body pillow will offer support to various parts of your body making every position that you will choose to sleep in very comfortable. You won’t have to constantly move around sometimes into less idyllic sleeping positions if you have a body pillow.
They Are Every Pregnant Woman’s Dreams
Although pregnancy brings lots of happiness and joy to a woman’s life, it takes away comfortable sleep from your nights. This will make sleeping a daunting task since you will have to keep changing positions throughout the night. Having a body pillow will make comfortable sleep return to your nights since it will support your back, neck and legs without putting too much pressure on your tummy.
A Body Pillow Helps To Promote Blood And Air Circulation
Sleeping on a body pillow will help to align every part of your body hence helping blood to circulate in the right flow in your body. It will also keep your body elevated thereby increasing the oxygen level in your body.
Accesses The Benefits Of Hugging
Hugs always have an instant comforting effect on us since you feel safe and happy when you hug someone. Since body pillows are of the same length as your body, it will be easy to hold on to them at night hence giving you a sense of peace as you sleep. This peace will allow you to relax your muscles as you will be able to focus on the quiet around you.
How You Can Choose The Best Body Pillow
The benefits of using a body pillow are great. To ensure that you get the best body pillow, here are a few things you can look for.
Although body pillows are usually long, they still come in various sizes. Therefore, you should always go for a pillow that will stretch from your head all the way past your knees. This will ensure that you stay comfortable throughout the night since all your body parts will be supported. You can also go for a longer body pillow that will stretch up to your legs.
Body pillows also come in a wide variety of shapes from circular to U-shaped to flat ones. This makes it important to go for a shape that will be useful to you. Circular pillows are comfortable to the knees and also offer firmer support than the flat ones. U-shaped pillows are the best body pillows and are recommended for pregnant women. This is because they offer the best support to the back, neck and head. There are also many other shapes like C and J.
It is very important to look at what materials are used to stuff a pillow before you buy it. Somebody pillows are filled with fibers while others are filled with foam. Other pillows are also filled with buckwheat, cotton and down. Foam-filled and down-filled pillows are the best since they offer more support and are also very comfortable. However, down-filled pillows are usually very warm since down is an insulator.
The purpose of the pillow
Different body pillows have different purposes. There are body pillows that are meant for pregnant women while others are meant for people who want to avoid snoring or eliminate back pains.
Types Of Pillows
There are several types of pillows based on the materials that are used to fill them. Each type of pillow fill has its own pros and cons that will appeal to all of you sleepy heads. So let’s look at some of the most popular pillow types based on the type of fills.
Polyester filled pillows are very popular due to their low price and their overall high owner satisfaction rates. However, there are potential hazards associated with polyester that you should be careful about. This makes these pillows potentially hazardous to your health and environment.
Down is found in the undercoats of birds feathers. They are very soft and have a higher loft than all the synthetic fills. Down pillows offer good support to the head, neck and body because they are malleable. Down pillows are also very light and cuddly. However, down pillows require consistent fluffing to maintain its loft.
Memory Foam Pillows
Memory foam is made from polyurethane mixed with other compounds. Memory foam pillows offer good support to the body. Memory foam pillows do not require fluffing unlike other pillows like the down filled ones.
They are constructed of all-natural composite materials and are old-fashioned. They promote air flow since they are breathable. They also offer superior support and are good for sleepy heads with back and neck pains.
Here are the best body pillows that you should consider buying for yourself in 2017:
Last update on 2017-10-19 at 11:39 PST - Details
1. Leachco Back ‘N’ Belly Contoured Body Pillow
It is ideally designed for use by pregnant women. Any pregnant woman has a tale to tell whenever the phrase “comfortable sleep” is mentioned. The Leachco Back ‘N’ Belly contoured body pillow ensures that you get support and comfort while you are sleeping or while you are on bed rest. It can also benefit anyone who has sleeping difficulties.
- Polyester 65%, cotton 35%.
- Full-body pillow support.
- Machine washable pillow case.
- Removable cover.
- Hourglass shaped inner curves.
- The hour glass shaped inner curves offer support to the womb hence easing the whole body giving you a comfortable sleep.
- It’s easy to carry around because it only weighs 7 lbs.
- The U-shaped body pillow supports and comforts your back and your belly at the same time.
- The pillow is suitable for women of all shapes and sizes.
- Aligns the hips for neutral joint positioning.
- It is ideal for people who suffer from sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion and fibromyalgia.
- The seam at the top of the pillow cuts into your shoulder because the case is sewn straight across.
2. Snuggle-pedic Body Shredded Memory Foam Combination Pillow
This is a full body pillow that will support your shoulders, neck and back when you are sleeping in any position. It is one of the top rated pillows on Amazon because of its healthy mix of hypo-allergenic and low V.O.C bio-green memory foam.
- Luxurious micro-vented cover.
- Made of breathable material for great air flow.
- Hypoallergenic material.
- Money back warranty.
- Soft bamboo fabric cover.
- The vented cover prevents the buildup of moisture in the pillow.
- The hypoallergenic material used to make it prevents the build-up of bacteria and mould that may cause allergies.
- A snuggle-pedic Body pillow is made of resilient foam that offers orthopaedic support that offers relief to tired muscles.
- It offers comfort to pregnant women as it prevents stress on hips, your lower back and shoulders.
- They have the best product warranty of 20 years.
- It is perfect for side, back and stomach sleepers.
- The memory foam can feel too firm for some users.
- The pillow requires some prepping time as you have to fluff it to let some air in before you can use it.
3. PharMedoc Total Body Pillow
This product is a pregnancy pillow that is good for mothers-to-be. It will also serve you even after you have given birth since a nursing mum needs a delicate pillow in order for you and your baby to have a good night’s sleep. This pillow will cushion your whole body to give you a comfortable sleep.
- It is J-shaped.
- Superior comfort and support.
- Made of hypoallergenic and dust mite material.
- Made of polyfill material that adapts to your position.
- Zipper-removable pillow cover that is machine washable.
- The unique J-shape comforts the whole body.
- Its inner material is made of polyester that is free of toxic chemicals.
- It always remains fluffy and airy.
- Very light as it only weighs 7 lbs hence easy to carry around.
- Can be folded up to offer support to your back.
- It is good for anyone who wants to add quality to his or her sleep.
- The pillow cover is 100% cotton.
- Due to its large size, it is not suitable for small beds.
- It has no spare zippered cover since the one that comes with the package is only one.
4. Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
If you are looking for comfort during your pregnancy or after you have given birth, then this Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow was made for you. It will offer you support on your back and front by cradling your body from head to toe. It is also good for anyone who is looking for a good night sleep.
- Filled with fusionTM fiberfill.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- It weighs 10 lbs.
- It is U-shaped.
- The fusion fiber is totally hypoallergenic.
- It has 2 models; one piece full-size pillow and 3-piece comfort U body pillow.
- Its U-shape allows it to mould itself to the shape of your body giving you complete comfort from your head to toe.
- Reduces your need to toss and turn as it provides support to many parts of your body.
- The fusion fiber that is used to fill it makes it soft and fluffy.
- The polyester polymer used to make the fusion fibers are highly heat resistant.
- The cover is machine-washable.
- The fibers have no lumping or clumping problems.
- It is made in the USA.
- Takes up a large amount of space due to its large size.
5. Shredded Memory Foam Body Pillow, Viscose Rayon Cover
This pillow is highly rated on Amazon as it is considered one of the best pillows if not the best. It is a shredded memory foam pillow that is filled with CERTI-PUR foam. This means that it is free from harmful chemicals and heavy metals.
- 40% bamboo viscose and 60% polyester.
- Machine washable and dryable.
- Made in the USA.
- The design of the cover and the shredded foam filler makes the pillow to be breathable hence making it stay cooler that other pillows even in hot areas.
- Can be used between your knees and behind your back.
- It is scientifically engineered and designed to make you more comfortable and sleep better.
- It is a full body pillow measuring 20 by 60 hence it is good for total body rest.
- The memory foam is adjustable to contour to your body.
- It is easy to clean since it is machine washable.
- It is made from bamboo making the pillow to be resilient and durable.
- It is heavy and bulky to move around.
Body pillows are a must have if you are pregnant and is desperate to bring back a good night sleep to your bedroom. If you are a pregnant woman, you may find it hard to get the right sleeping posture due to back pains and the growing size of your tummy. However, this problem will be solved if you get a body pillow for yourself. That is Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow
There are a lot of body pillows available on the market, but only the best will fit your needs. I would, therefore, recommend to you the Snuggle-pedic Body Shredded Memory Foam Combination Pillow. It will provide the most comfort and support to your whole body so that you can be comfortable while you sleep. This pillow is also good for anyone who is having trouble finding a good night sleep due to aching neck or back pains. Remember, where there is a bed, there is a pillow. So get yourself the best body pillow.