How To Buy The Best Baby Bath Tubs In A Few Simple Steps
Babies are little bundles of joy that always need our constant attention and care. One of the ways you will be caring for your baby is by bathing her every day so that she is always clean. Since babies are messy, food splatters and poop smears are just some of the reasons why you will need to bathe your baby on a regular basis.
But how do you make bath time an enjoyable experience so that your baby will always look forward to it? The answer lies in buying her the best bathing materials like the baby bathtub, baby washcloths among other things. .
Since there are so many baby bath tub brands available on the market, so how do you choose the best baby bath tubs? Here is a guide to help you choose the best baby bathtub that is surely going to make bathing your baby to be more than just a routine.
Types Of Baby Bath Tubs Available
From simple free standing bath slings to more advanced bath tubs with lots of features, baby bath tubs come in all types. Here are some of the types of baby bath tubs that you will come across when you are shopping for bath tubs.
Convertible Baby Bath Tubs
These tubs are the long lasting types since they are designed to grow with your baby. These tubs are designed in such a way that they allow for babies to be bathed in two different positions.
For babies below 6 months old, they can be bathed in a reclining position. Once your baby is able to sit upright on her own, you can bathe them in a sitting position.
Collapsible Bath Tubs
These bathtubs are great for travel since they fold up and are designed to be used in regular adult bath tubs. Some collapsible baby bath tubs are also designed to be used in a sink. They are designed to fit in sinks. You can snap them into place whenever you want to give your baby a bath.
Modern Baby Bath Tubs
These are baby bathtubs that are designed to look like adult bath tubs. You should be very careful with your baby when using these types of bathtubs. This is because they tend to have slippery surfaces hence your baby can easily slip under water. They are usually on a whole other level since they include spa jets that swirl the water and are usually operated by batteries.
Bucket Bath Tubs
They look more like a bucket than a bath tub. They are designed to hold your baby upright.
Features To Look For In A Good Baby Bath Tub
The design of a bath tub really matters. A good baby bath tub should have a contoured design to hold your baby so that she won’t slide too much when you are bathing her. The bath tub should also have a soft padding to support your baby’s head when bathing her in a reclined position.
Drain Together With An Attached Plug
A drain makes it easy to empty the tub when you want to clean it. The plug should be easy to plug and unplug. Drains are usually located at the base of the bathtubs or on the walls.
Since bathtubs are made to hold water, ensure that you go for a baby bath time that will hold enough water to bathe your baby. Most baby bath tubs come short when it comes to size since they sacrifice size so they can be portable and easy to store.
Safety Tips When Using Baby Bath Tubs
1. Avoid leaving your baby unattended
While your baby is in the bathtub, make sure that you don’t take your eyes off her. This is because your baby can slip away and drown in the tub.
2. Place the bath tub on a flat surface
This is to avoid accidents since the bath tub can slip away and fall with your baby in it if it is not put on a flat surface.
3. Don’t carry the bathtub with your baby in it
Even if you are strong enough to carry a bathtub with your baby in it, you should never attempt to do this. This is because your baby can slip under water while you are moving the tub.
Here Are The Top 5 Best Baby Bathtubs 2017
1. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn to Toddler Tub, Blue
This is surely one of the mommy’s favourites when it comes to the best baby bathtubs. Voted as the best baby bathtub in two consecutive years in 2014 and 2015 in BabyCenter’s Mums’ Picks awards, this bathtub will allow you to bathe your child with ease.
- Deep ergonomic design.
- Mesh sling to offer extra support.
- Padded headrest.
- Form-fitting netting.
- It has an adjustable newborn sling that offers support to your baby as you bathe her.
- Its deep ergonomic design is perfect for holding the baby during bathing.
- The padded headrest will offer support and extra comfort to your baby.
- Your baby will have an easy time as she transitions between stages due to its simple one-piece design.
- The mesh hammock is machine washable.
- This bathtub fits both single and double sinks.
- You can bathe your baby in it up to the time she is 25 pounds.
- Always keep a hand on your little one while bathing her since the mesh does move easily.
2. 4 Moms, Baby Bath Tub
This baby bath tub is like the i-Phone of baby bath tubs. It stands out from the rest of the baby bath tubs with its luxurious features. It has a thermometer that will let you know the temperature of the water that you are bathing your baby in.
- Digital thermometer.
- Ergonomic design.
- Padded head rest.
- Side drains.
- The size of this bathtub makes it fit most single and double sinks.
- The thermometer has a temperature display that is colour-coded that tells you if the water is too cold or too hot by changing colours.
- It has a plush padding on the back rest to secure your baby and make her comfortable.
- It has a cup holder on either side.
- It has three drain plugs, one at the bottom and two on either side of the tub.
- Compared to other baby tubs in the market, it is definitely expensive.
3. Primo EuroBath, Pearl White
What makes Primo EuroBath to be loved by most mothers is because it is extra-large as compared to other top baby bathtubs picks. It is designed to support your baby as you bathe her. This gives you easy time since you don’t have to use both of your hands to hold your baby as you bathe her.
- Uniquely contoured shape.
- Drain plug.
- Made from BPA free and PVC free material.
- Unique Infant and toddler positions.
- It is the largest baby bath available.
- It has safety posts that prevent your baby from slipping under the water.
- It can support 2 bathing positions, hence suitable for babies between 0 to 24 months.
- It has a uniquely contoured shape to support your babies back, arms and legs.
- The drain plug allows for easy drainage and cleanup of the tub.
- Made in the USA.
- It is a long-term investment since it will grow with your baby until she is a toddler.
- Its extra-large size means that you will need lots of even counter space.
- Smaller babies might find his tub too large for them.
4. Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub
When it comes to ranking bath tubs based on adorable looks, Fisher-price precious planet whale of a tub comes out on top. It is also large and deep hence good for bathing babies and toddlers. Buying this baby bath tub will surely make bath time fun for your baby. You will also enjoy bathing your baby.
- Adorable whale design.
- Baby stopper inserts.
- Drainage plug.
- Deep basin with non-slip surface.
- The baby stopper inserts will prevent your baby from sliding into the water.
- It has convenient side handles.
- It comes with a baby whale cup that will enable you to rinse your baby well. The baby can also play with the cup.
- The plug allows you to drain and clean the tub perfectly.
- The inserts are removable to allow your toddler to sit up and play.
- The whale design of this tub makes it look adorable. This will make bath time to be fun.
- It has a non-slip foam surface to cushion your baby.
- It requires a lot of storage space due to its large size.
5. Blooming bath – Baby Bath
If you are looking for a cute, cuddly and convenient way to give your baby a bath, the blooming bath tub is the perfect choice for you. It is different from traditional baby bath tubs as it is made from materials that are soft and plush. There is no better way to give your little bundle of joy a soft bath than in a blooming bath tub.
- Vibrant colours.
- Polyester plush
- Fits in most sinks.
- Its vibrant colours make it ideal for photo opportunities.
- It can make a perfect gift for baby shower.
- It has a boutique-ish design that is a one of a kind.
- It is very soft and cuddly to give your baby a happy and a comfortable bath.
- Great for babies who are between 0 to 6 months.
- The petals can be arranged to support your baby so that you can bathe them without them slipping down.
- It is very easy to clean since you will just pop it in the machine and let it air dry until the next bath.
- It costs more as compared to other baby bath tubs.
I hope that this article will be helpful to you when you are shopping for the best baby bathtub for your baby. You should not just buy any bathtub for your baby if you want to make bath time something that your baby will enjoy.
Considering the above list of best baby bath tubs that I have reviewed, I would recommend that you choose 4 Mums, Baby Bath Tub. This is because it has features that make it stand out from the rest of the tubs. The inbuilt thermometer will enable you to tell the temperature of your baby’s bath water, so you won’t have to guess. The side drains also ensure that your baby bathes in clean water throughout since dirty water will not mix with clean water. Although this bath tub costs more, it is worth every dollar.