7 Tips On How To Get Free Diapers
Did you know that on average, a new-born will use up to 10 diapers in a day? If you do the math, you will find that your spending on diapers alone would have hit $2500 by the time your baby will be celebrating her third birthday. This means that you would have bought around 8000 diapers, such a mind-boggling number! Due to such huge expenses, I have put together tips on how you to get free diapers.
With these tips, you will be able to save more money. Consequently, you will have less strain on your wallet when you are caring for your baby. Here are ways you can use to reduce how much you spend on diapers due to the availability of free diapers.
7 Tips On How To Get Free Diapers
1. Free Diapers Samples
Some companies usually give out free samples of baby products to people so that you can try out their baby products hoping that you will like them and go ahead to purchase them. By trying their new products, you will also be saving money.
For companies that manufacture diapers, they will only give out free samples to people they know out there and who they are sure actually have a baby. You can, therefore, grab yourself a chance of getting free diaper samples by registering with such companies. You can do this by logging on to their websites and submitting your details.
You can also call such companies through their customer service to inform them that you would like free samples of their products because you like them.
2. Get Free Diapers From Your Doctor’s Office Or Hospital
Your local hospital and even your paediatrician can be great sources for free diapers. This is because they usually have plenty of diaper samples. They can also hook you up with organisations and special clubs that usually give out free baby products like diapers.
Next time you visit your hospital, you can ask the hospital management to find out if they have such programs.
3. Sign Up For Amazon Mom And Refer Your Friends
Did you know that Amazon usually offers programs for mothers where they can register and make referrals? The sugary part of the program is that if the people you referred make any purchase, you get $10 in credits per person. You can then buy diapers for your baby using these credits.
4. Join The Pampers Gift To Grow Programs
Pampers usually send free diapers to members who have signed up for the Pampers Gifts to Grow program to reward them for being loyal to their brand.
Pampers also offer codes if you buy a box of diapers which you can enter into their websites to save. Once they have accumulated, you can redeem them for free diapers.
5. Diaper Bank
If you are living in the United States, you can get free diapers from the National Diaper Bank Network. It is a non-profit organisation that works to meet the basic needs of all American children and families. This can help lift the diaper burden from you while things are really tough for you.
According to the National Centre for Children in Poverty, in the United States alone, around 5million children below 3 years old hail from low-income families with nearly half of them deemed to be living in poverty. With the costs of diapers hitting $100 for every baby every month, many parents simply cannot afford enough diapers for their babies.
Some parents may, therefore, resort to using towels to make their babies clean and dry. For such parents, help comes in the form of free diapers that are always distributed by diaper banks across the nation.
6. Become A Diaper Ambassador
7. Sign Up For Huggies Reward Program
This program is similar to that of Pampers Rewards, and it’s free to sign up. With each package of Huggies diapers you buy, there is a code that you can enter on their website to earn points. If these points accumulate, you can redeem them for free diapers. The good thing is that someone can also donate their points to you if your baby is in need of diapers.
Considering Cloth Diapers To Pay The Least For Diapers
If you are thinking of cutting the costs of buying diapers, then you should consider getting on the cloth diapering bandwagon. Using cloth diapers will be friendlier to your pocket since you will be able to save thousands of dollars. You will spend $500 if you are using cloth diapers as compared to $2500 on a child from birth up to the time they are potty trained.
Apart from the financial aspect as a result of these cloth diapers being cheaper than the disposable ones, there are several advantages of using cloth diapers. Let’s take a look.
- Cloth diapers are easy to care for: Modern cloth diapers are not like the ones our grandparents used. New inventions like mini-showers and flushable inserts make them very easy to use.
- They leak less than the disposable diapers: Do you know that modern cloth diapers leak less than disposable diapers. If you are fed up with diaper leaks, then kick your fit and jump on the cloth diaper bandwagon.
- Cloth diapers minimise diaper rash: Continued use of disposable diapers lead to diaper rash. This is due to the ultra-absorbent gels found on disposable diapers and the formation of ammonia. To help heal your baby’s bottom, you can switch to cloth diapers.
- Cloth diapers are soft on the baby’s skin: A baby’s skin is always very soft and delicate. Since cloth diapers are made of soft cotton or fleece, they can stay on your baby’s skin for longer without causing any irritation on the skin.
- Modern cloth diapers don’t require pins: With the advancement of technology, everything has changed. With the cloth diapers of today, there is no use of pins to stick the baby diapers since nowadays these cloth diapers have snaps.
- Cloth diapers are environmentally friendly: Billions of disposable diapers fill up the landfills every year making them one of the largest single consumer items in landfills. It is for these reasons that cloth diapers are considered environmentally friendly.
- Health benefits: Disposable diapers contain chemicals like dioxin and sodium polyacrylate which may cause health problems to both babies and the people who work in the disposable manufacturing industries. Cloth diapers are therefore very safe to your baby’s health since they are just cotton and snaps, nothing more.
Instead of trying to get free diapers, you can also save on buying diapers by training your toddler early on how he or she can potty in a potty chair. Babies usually start to be trained on how to potty from the time they are 2 years. However, you can try to train yours as early as 17 months. If you do this, you will realise that your baby will only require diapers during bed time. You will thus save 6 or 7 diapers in a day. Sounds good to me!
The arrival of a new baby brings a lot of joy to a mother with some extra expenses added on your budget. Since diapers are costly nowadays, knowing how to get free diapers will help you to reduce the strain on your wallet.
You can click these links to watch videos on how you can get free diapers:
Do you have any other tip on how to get free diapers? Please let us know in the comment section.